Solid wall properties can benefit from underfloor heating
by Tim Willmott : Be the first to leave a comment
Tŷ-Mawr Lime, a family firm based in Brecon, were the overall winner in the ‘Best Technical Innovation’ category of the South Wales Building Excellence awards, organised by LABC-Cymru (Local Authority Building Control – Wales), for their Sublime Breathable Flooring System.
Sublime® floor’s breathability makes it ideal for use within existing solid wall properties.
The sublime system is specifically designed for floors that will contain underfloor heating. Installing the underfloor heating pipes within a higher density thermally conductive layer eliminates the need for two layers (slab and a screed). As a result, the Sublime® floor offers many significant benefits and savings:
Reduced overall excavation depths: When compared to a conventional Limecrete systems using a lightweight insulating slab layer plus a higher density screed layer to contain the underfloor heating.
- Reduced wet trades and processes: As only one wet mixed layer is required over the GLAPOR.
- Reduced installation costs: In both labour and in the cost of materials when compared to our old system
- Reduced installation and curing times: By eliminating the need for two layers curing times are reduced by approximately 3 weeks
- Improved energy efficiency and response times of under floor heating systems: As the insulation material is now directly beneath the heat source the heat drift associated with other systems is significantly reduced
- Reduced material quantities and therefore reduced delivery costs
- LABC Registered detail: (Received Feb 2013) Recognised in all 376 local authority areas, the registered detail will help to streamline and simplify the planning application and building control process for your project.
Tŷ-Mawr Lime Ltd
Unit 12, Brecon Enterprise Park, Brecon, Powys. LD3 8BT